Saturday, July 24, 2010

Life has got in the way

I am sorry we are slacking on the blogging department. I don't know what it is lately? Maybe it is because alot is going on, or because we can't get enough of Brighton that I am too selfish to write about. Haha!
Little Brighton is getting so big! We can't believe it. Today we were watching a video we had from the hospital. He was only hours old. He was so little, and so tiny. He is now 5 months old (on Monday), growing like a weed, moving around, blabbing up a storm, and rolling all over the place. Oh goodness, I never thought I could love anyone more than I love this little guy. It makes me sad that he is growing up SO fast. I am afraid that if I blink he will be crawling, and then walking, and then talking :( Sad!!! I better not blink ;) We love him tons!
We are heading for the Walker family reunion this week. I am glad to finally get away for a few days. I need some time away from life, and mainly the theatre. Man, that place is full of drama, and it seems like I get caught in the middle of things. I have learned to keep my mouth shut, go to work, do my job, and not talk about anything personal at work because somehow, some way, it gets twisted. Go figure!!
Ben keeps working like crazy. What can I say? He is his fathers child. I am grateful he works so hard though, he makes it possible for Brighton and I to play whenever we want. We love him so much, and are grateful for all of his hardwork and dedication to our little family. We love you Daddy!
As for me, life is life. Life seems to be flying by. It needs to slow down. I use to care about what my house looks like to other people, but now I am realizing that raising my child is far more important than those dishes in the sink, or the laundry, or the bathroom. Instead of scrubbing the bathroom down, Brighton, Cherokee, and I head to Brigham or to Salt Lake to see grandma's. It's much funner than cleaning and making sure the house is in order.
We can't believe that it is almost school time again. It seems like summer just started. Time sure does fly when you are having fun. We are enjoying every minute of it :) Until next time, whenever that may be...

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Glad to see that you are busy and having fun with Brighton! I cannot believe how quick the summer has gone! I am not ready for it to end though!