Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving


Thanksgiving is always a filling day. You are with family, eating like crazy, and you get to eat sweets without feeling guilty. Hehe! Well at least I don't feel guilty for stuffing myself. This year it was time for us to spend the holiday with my mom. First off, we had to go and get my Uncle Greg from the rest home and bring him to Grandma's but I was so happy he got to come because I know that it is tough for him to do much anymore. We got to Grandma Schmardebeck's house about 2:00. Immediately we began to eat. I filled up on deviled eggs. Always my favorite!!! Everyone was able to make it excpet for my cousin Kelly. It was nice to be able to start the holiday season with family. We had a lot of fun talking, and visiting with everyone. We had to work at the theatre at 6:15 so we had to leave salt lake at about 5:00. I thought that the theatre was going to be so busy, but it was so slow. It was kind of ridiculous, but we made it through. I love this time of year, except for the cold weather. I love that we get to spend time with family, appreciate and be thankful for the many blessings the lord has given us, christmas shop, decorate the tree and eat! Before we left for Salt Lake we decided to get a family picture. Mind you, this is the only time Cherokee is allowed on our couch. But, it was worth it!

2 comments:

Gaylene said...

Cute family pix. Nice afghan in the background too.
Gooleen

Gaylene said...

whoops, fogot something. This is way shorter than the first one I read, what happened?