Monday, October 6, 2008

CONFERENCE WEEKEND!!!


I do have to say that conference weekend is one weekend I always look forward to. There is just something about listening to our leaders and hearing what i can do to become a better disciple of Christ. I especually like hearing from our beloved prophet and the 12 apostles. I can truely say that I was very spiritually fed and have taken the things, through the promptings from the Holy Ghost, that I need to better my live as well as my families.
I had a wonderful opportunity to attend the Priesthood Session with my Father-In-Law and his three boys. Connor just turned 12 a couple months ago and Cory takes them to the conference center for their very first Priesthood session. I was very honored to be invited and to share this moment with all of them.
It was a pretty fun filled weekend. They picked me up and we headed to salt lake and went to the IMAX theater at the Gateway Mall. We saw a show about the space station which was pretty interesting. Then we went to eat at Hires Big H. Not just any Hires but the ORIGINAL LOCATION on 4th south and 700 East. Boy was it delicious. Then we went to the church history museum and looked around. I have been there before but not since President Hinckley passed away. They had his display up in the president's gallary and it was awsome to see parts of his legacy.
Then we checked in our hotel. The boys went to swim a little bit and we got dressed and headed to the session. While we were walking to the conference center, Drake had Shelby's umbrella. A young lady was walking in the opposite direction with the exact same umbrella. Shawn see's the umbrella and yells out, "hey, she has the same umbrella as you Drake." I was a little behind and saw the girls face and it was priceless. She felt so embarrasses. It was too funny.
After the session we went to my favorite pizza place, Litza's Pizza, again, the original one next to Hires Big H. After talking about the session, Connor said that the session wasn't as bad as he thought it was going to be. I just thought to myself that it's only a matter of time when the boys will really appreciate listening and attending conference.
Thanks again Cory for inviting me and thank you Drake, Shawn and Connor for putting up with me. I am honored to call you my brothers and Dad. I hope we can do it again sometime.

2 comments:

Emily said...

The conference, both days, were so awesome! The Spirit was overwhelming and I love being able to listen directly to revelation. That's so neat you were able to go!

Anonymous said...

I love your new header! I miss being in Utah during conference weekend! I was sad when they showed the temple and temple square! Conference was amazing like always though.